Patient terms and conditions
The Terms and Conditions below refer to being a patient only.
To review our Website Terms and Conditions, click here.
These are the terms and conditions on which OSD Healthcare (“we” or “OSD”) supply our services to you. Please read these terms carefully before commencement of your care, treatment, diagnosis or other services we provide to you. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how much any treatment will cost and how payment will be made for the services we provide and other important information. Please let us know if you do not understand anything in relation to your treatment or its likely cost to you and we will be pleased to assist.
Part A – Insured Patients
This section will apply if you are covered by private medical insurance
- You agree to pay for care, treatment, diagnosis, services (including Sundry Items) and goods provided by us (together, your “Care”).
- Whilst you will remain responsible for the payment of your care, where you have private medical insurance:
- we will, where possible, process the insurance claim for your care with your insurer, provided you have given us and your insurer all the information we and your insurer need to do so. If this information is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to process your claim and we will invoice you direct;
- where we process your insurance claim and your insurer pays us direct, the rate agreed between OSD and your insurer will apply to your care. You will remain responsible for the balance of your account not paid by your insurer;
- where your insurer fails to settle our invoices (or any part of them) within 30 days of the date of issue we will assume that the outstanding amount will not be paid by your insurer and we will invoice you direct.
- It is your responsibility to confirm with your insurer in advance that your care is covered by your insurance policy and OSD will not obtain any such confirmation on your behalf.
- Please note that some insurers use care guidelines that may not match the professional medical opinion of the Consultants, nursing staff and other medical professionals providing your care. In some cases, this can mean that your insurer may not pay for certain parts of the care you receive, and you will be required to pay for that part of your care.
- Please note that your insurance policy may not cover the cost of Sundry Items or other items such as specialist equipment, or it may cover only part of such You will be required to pay for any such items not reimbursed by your insurers. Please check with your insurer the extent of your cover and any omissions.
- If you pay for your treatment and subsequently seek reimbursement from your insurer, and if no other rate has been expressly agreed between you and OSD, then the OSD Fees list in operation at the time will apply to your care.
- If no rate has been agreed between OSD and your insurer in respect of your care, the OSD Fees list in operation at the time will apply to your care.
- Where we invoice you for your care or an element of it you agree to pay us the amount invoiced within 7 days without deduction or set-off.
Part B – Self-Pay
This section will apply if you are paying for your own care
- If you have been referred to a Consultant at OSD or are a self-referral for treatment (e.g. minor surgical procedure) or tests (e.g. cervical test, blood tests and scans) you will pay the OSD Fees list in operation at that time.
- You have been given a Confirmation Letter that will confirm what treatment or procedures are being carried out, how much you will pay for that care and how you pay. As set out in “Other Terms and Conditions: This section applies to all patients” section, your Confirmation Letter (this may be paper or email) is part of your Contract with OSD. Please note that we accept payment by way of all major credit cards but will not accept payment in cash or by cheque. We may require you to provide a ‘swipe’ of your credit card in advance of the provision of your treatment and will retain your details until we have received payment in full for the services that we have provided, at which point your card details are not retained.
- OSD will invoice you for all diagnostic tests, screens and minor surgical procedures undertaken. OSD will provide you with a quote prior to If during your consultation additional tests or procedures are required, you will be advised of expected costs.
- As a self-pay patient, you will be expected to pay for any diagnostic tests, screening, treatment or minor surgical procedures undertaken on the day you attend, unless you have made a prior arrangement, such as a spread payment scheme, where a direct debit form must be completed on the day of treatment.
- If you do not pay us for the services when you are supposed to and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of our services (including cancelling any scheduled appointments) until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of our services. We will not suspend the services where you dispute the unpaid invoice. We will not charge you for the services during the period for which they are suspended. As well as suspending the services we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments at a rate of 4% above the base lending rate of the Bank of England. When overdue payments have not been made despite numerous attempts, your information will be shared with our debt collectors Thomas Higgins, who will contact you directly.
- We will give you an estimate of costs for your care. Please note that it is not always possible to give an exact estimate for the care you receive at the Clinic and the total cost may depend on a number of factors, including any other conditions you may have. You are responsible for the payment of all care you receive at OSD, including any Sundry Items.
What happens if I suffer complications?
- Whilst OSD and your Clinician will do their best to ensure a satisfactory outcome, no clinical procedure is entirely risk-free and the results of any particular treatment cannot be guaranteed. Your Clinician will explain risks and benefits to you during your consultation and you will be provided with after care leaflets following any minor surgical procedures.
Other Terms and Conditions
This section applies to all Patients
- Consultants: In these Terms, all consultants and clinical practitioners involved in your care, not employed by OSD, will be referred to as “Consultants”.
- While at OSD, you will be under the care of the Consultant you have been referred to, who may also involve other Consultants in your care if OSD staff will provide your care under your Consultant’s instructions.
- Consultants involved in your care are independent practitioners and are not employees of OSD. Accordingly, OSD will not be liable for any act or omission of a consultant (or the company or partnership that employs or engages the Consultants).
- OSD will collect any Consultant’s charges as agent on behalf of the Consultant and be responsible for settling these on your behalf.
- We understand that sometimes you may have to cancel an appointment. Cancellations can be made by phone, email or in person. To ensure you’re not liable for any necessary cancellation fees, to avoid confusion and to help us maintain our level of service, please notify us within 24 hours of your We reserve the right to charge you a cancellation fee for any appointment that is cancelled by you on less than 24 hours’ notice or you do not attend.
- Your Contract with OSD: These Terms, along with the Confirmation Letter form your contract with OSD for your treatment at OSD (“Contract”) and acceptance of both demonstrate you agree to be bound by their terms. If there is any conflict between these Terms and the Confirmation Letter, these Terms will take precedence. If there is any conflict between the Contract and any marketing material, the Contract will take precedence. OSD may amend these Terms from time to time. The current Terms can be found on our website. In addition, we require you to comply with any other policies we may introduce from time to time (including, but not limited to, Smoking or Harassment Policies).
- If our performance of the services is affected by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the Contract.
- OSD Fees List: Unless the Terms or your Confirmation Letter (if applicable) provide otherwise, the OSD Fees list will apply to your care.
- Notices and contact details: You must keep us updated of any changes in your contact details, as OSD will correspond with you at your last known contact We will regard notices as served on you on the third working day after we post a letter to you, or send an email.
- Your property: While we will take all care to ensure the safety of your belongings, whilst on our site including within the carpark, OSD does not accept any responsibility for the theft or loss of, or damage to, any of your or your visitors’ property.
- Children: Where a person attends as a parent or guardian on behalf of a child under the age of 18 who is under their care, they agree that they will be bound by these Terms, even if that child breaches, or is not bound by, any part of these Terms. In these circumstances, the references in these Terms to:
- “you” shall include, as well as the child, the parent or guardian of such child in so far as such references relate to any obligation to pay for any care provided by OSD to that child or such references which appear in “Other Terms and Conditions: This section applies to all Patients” and
- “your” shall include, as well as the child, the parent or guardian of such child in respect of any references which appear in paragraphs 18 of these Terms.
- OSD is not responsible for the care of anyone who accompanies you to an appointment. OSD will not be able to perform your scheduled examination, procedure, treatment or test if an elderly, frail or vulnerable adult, baby or small child comes with you and could require looking after.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this Contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us beforehand.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services.
- Where we extend credit to you for the services we may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies and they may keep a record of any search that they do.
We will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so or where we have a legal basis to do so for the delivery of direct care.
- Severability: In the event that any (or any part) of these Terms is declared invalid, unlawful or unenforceable such Terms (or parts of Terms) shall be The remaining Terms (and parts of Terms) shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this Contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things or prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the services, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Changes in Applicable Law: You acknowledge and accept that Applicable Law may change and thereby prevent OSD from providing certain care. If such a change occurs and the change has an effect on your care, then OSD shall contact you to inform you of the change and the consequences of the changes.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Contract.
- Third Party Rights: A person who is not a party to this Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
- English Law: These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- We respect your individual rights under UK law for information held and processed.
- Personal information we collect about you will be used to deliver direct care, it may also be used to review the care we provide to ensure it is of the highest standard and quality through audit or service improvement.
- Information will also be used to provide statistics for other regulatory bodies required by law.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding these Patient Terms and Conditions.