- Neuro-developmental Paediatrics – ADHD, Epilepsy
- Tic Disorder including Tourette’s
- Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Neuro- behavioural Disorders
- Neurological Disorders including Motor Disorders
- MPH (Public Health)
- MSc (Community Paediatrics)
- MSc-Clinical Neuropsychiatry
- PG Cert in Medical Education
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Dr Takon is a Consultant Paediatrician with 26 years of experience in Paediatrics, working in West Africa and the United Kingdom over the course of her career.
- She has a special interest in a wide range of neurodevelopmental disorders including children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and motor disorders.
- Having worked as a Consultant Paediatrician in the NHS since 2004, Dr Takon, is actively involved in postgraduate medical teaching to parent groups, GPs, school nurses and patient groups. She has also been involved in Independent Paediatric Practice since 2007.
“I am passionate about Enabling all children to reach their potential including those with neurodevelopmental difficulties. I enjoy working with children and their families to achieve their goals within the school setting and work towards achieving independence with the relevant support needed. My passions include teaching and educating professionals within and outside the health sector on the early identification of developmental difficulties to enable children to receive timely diagnosis and management of their condition and have a better prognosis.”